Thursday, November 19, 2009

TEAM CAPTAINS WANTED!


All Relay For Life can ask for is support. No matter how much money one can raise, it is made very obvious that every penny counts. After reading all the survivor stories my classmates have written I have learned so much about how this horrible disease can change people. It also amazes me how strong and courageous these survivors are. Some survivors have even called their experience a blessing in disguise because they now life life so differently and treat every day like its their last.
Trying to put myself in their shoes is a hard image for me to imagine. I don't know what I would do. Would I be sad? Angry? Confused? Wondering "why me?". Being able to work this closely with Relay and all of the dedicated volunteers has really made a difference in myself. Even a small contribution can make a difference. I look up to these survivors and see them as supernatural to have battled this awful disease and still have a smile on their face while wanting to help others.
Helping with Relay For Life was not an assignment for me, but it was an honor. I enjoyed every minute of it and so thankful to have my wonderful PR Admin classmates that helpes make this event a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment