Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kicking it Off Right...


This was the first of hopefully many to come. This past week was my first formal pitch in my PR career. My team consisted of three members, Andrea Lowery, Rachel Ledford, and myself. We worked great together and I really learned how to bounce ideas and work as a team. It also gave me the chance to get to know them more alot better and I really enjoyed that.
Our assignment was to plan and implement the Kickoff Dinner for Baldwin County's Relay For Life. Our duties consisted of creating a menu, adopting a theme, finding decorations, designing an invitation, and maintaining excitement for Relay For Life. Because all of our food will be donated our menu option contained a wide varitey of options. Everything from Mexican food to Chinese would be offered. Our theme for the Kickoff was "Unwrap the Cure." Because the national theme for Relay was "Creating a World with More Birthdays", our team wanted to stay within a birthday theme. We wanted to make the room look like a huge birthday party. A balloon arch, colorful birthday presents, and lots of sweets would be all around the room.
This assignment taught me alot and I got to see how much work goes into an event like this. It also feels good to do an event for such a good cause. I am glad to be apart of Baldwin County's Relay For Life and I am very excited for our class to put all of our ideas together and come up with a Kickoff that will be remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment